Monday, August 28, 2006

Don WildMAN

Quapaw Quarter United Methodist Church is under attack from Don Wildmon and the American Family Association.

Wildmon sent the following email to a lot of people. I don't know if he is upset about Betsy preaching a sermon about homosexuality or if he is just trying to drum up support for Vic's Republican opponant. Either way, I don't think that he will sway the opinion of anyone that is a member of QQUMC other than to make us campaign harder for Vic and to stand firm behind Betsy.

If you are a member of the United Methodist Church, I felt you would be interested in the two sermons preached by Rev. Betsy Singleton, pastor of Quapaw Quarter United Methodist Church in Little Rock.
If you are not a United Methodist, please forward this to any friends you may have who are United Methodist.
Rev. Singleton is probably better known as being the wife of U.S. Representative Vic Snyder.
Sermon: Is Homosexuality a Sin? –
click here
Sermon: Is Christianity the Only Way? – click here
Sincerely,
Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and ChairmanAmerican Family Association

The links, if they work, connect to AFA's site. Both sermons are proudly posted on the Quapaw Quarter UMC web page.

Don Wildmon was a United Methodist Pastor in Mississippi. I guess I would expect someone like him to come from the same state that brought us Trent Lott & Thad Cochran. I bet Wildman would have a fit if he had an African American female appointed to be his associate pastor too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conrad said...

Ah, well I cut the quote from Max Brantly's blog from Arkansas Times.

AFA has their own cut and paste from our page.

I am glad that the links go directly to QQUMC's page!

6:53 PM CDT  
Blogger Art said...

I don't have time to read those sermons right now but I've bookmarked them for future reference. In the meantime, I'm sticking with a philosophy that has served me well: When in doubt, disagree with Don Wildmon.

12:56 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home