Monday, October 09, 2006





Jim Lendall for Governor!

I am planning on voting for Jim Lendall for Governor of Arkansas this year.
I have had several friends tell me that I am wasting my vote. I do not believe there is any such thing as a wasted vote. Just because the Green Party candidate may have no chance of winning this year does not make the vote wasted.

I know Jim is a man of high ethical standards, I have known him personally for 28 years.
My presonal acquantance however is not the main reason I am voting for him. I am not a bit pleased with either the Repbulicrat nor the Democan in this election. They are both too similair for one, and neither of them strikes me as being the best person for the job. I have protest voted many times when I didn't like either the Republican or Democrat nominee.

This is not a protest vote either. Actually, a win for Jim Lendall would only require 3% of the vote. If he receives 3% then the Green Party will be able to have full ballot access in Arkansas. I believe that with full ballot access the Green Party will be able to lift up issues and ideas that the Democrats and Republicans are not addressing in Arkansas.

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Absolutely! No vote is ever wasted. An election isn't a horserace where you try to pick the winner. Pick who's best for the job.

That's why I'm voting straight-ticket Libertarian next month.

2:45 PM CDT  
Blogger Conrad said...

If we had Libertarian Candidates I might also consider them. I tend to rotate between Libertarians and Greens in the Presidential races.

Almost every candidate can make the ballot in Arkansas for President. It is difficult here to get state ballot access.

I don't really think that the Dems and Reps want any other party involved in the process.

7:19 PM CDT  
Blogger John said...

I hope that I have at least one Lib to vote for. In a state with as many wierdos as Florida, one would expect a strong Libertarian Party. But it appears to be in disarray.

4:36 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home