Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What is up with Pat Robertson?

Yesterday evening I was puttering around and heard my 78 year old Mother screaming like a Banshee and shouting "He is such an idiot". Of course I had to run and see what was up. She was watching the Evening News and there was Pat Robertson calling for Hugo Chavez to be assassinated.

I don't know about this doctrine of assassination," said an incensed Mr. Robertson, "but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it. ... We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

I won't say that Pat isn't a Christian, but what kind of Christian would call for someone to be assassinated? I know that all of us at times say or do things that are not very Christ like. But to openly call for someone's murder seems to be going a bit far. Pat has spouted off some pretty crazy stuff over the years, the scary thing is that there are people that will believe what he says, and watch his show and contribute money to his cause.

He is founder of the "Christian Coalition" I do see understand the coalition part of that, the organization is an oxymoron to me just like the Moral Majority which never did strike me as being all that moral, and it definitely wasn't a majority.

We moan and groan about the sermons of the Islamic Imams calling for Holy War and for people to be killed, well folks, we have our own in Christianity in the likes of Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps.

May we all learn peace, Conrad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home